Thursday, December 2, 2010

BREAKING OUT OF MY OWN BOX

Faces
Disappear
into the
light.

I sink
deep
into
a
cushion
of
a reality
so real
seemingly
tangible
yet far
so far
away.

The back round
reminiscent of
my past.

I smile
objectively
and praise
growth.
Praise
time
and
the willingness
to change.

I praise the
word
YES!

I praise
my small
mind
that isn't small
anymore.

The mind
that was set
just hours
before

and stuck in
decision
and
opinion.

I'm not the same.

I'm not the same
from 6 o'clock on.

I have people
to thank
who would
never
think
they had
anything to do
with my flight.

I have much thanks
to a myriad
of "ghosts"
in my world
who are
seemingly
insignificant
yet
significant.

I "wrong" myself
all too much
in favor of
what is right
and what is
wrong.

I knock myself
down
24/7
crashing
old ideas
that
no longer
belong.

Compassion finds me
as it knows
how I beckon
it so.

Compassion
brought it's army
with it
tonight.

It showed up
ready to
fight.

My arms
down
with total surprise.

Wadya doin here?
As if there were no room
to fight for more
understanding.

There has been
a
crashing
and Compassion
won a huge
battle
tonight.

Compassion
kicked
my
ass.

Touche'
you crazy
crazy
persistent fool.

I know
you seek me out
because you hear me
in my silent moments
call you
yell out
to you
to swallow me
whole
and to take
anything
from me
that doesn't
belong.
You've done good
compassion,
you are ON IT
and have taken me
for a ride.
Tonight
it was you and I
and a mystery woman.
You bare gifts
that are sometimes
 hard to
take.

I'm receiving
you.
I get it.
Just please
don't stop!
I'm here
for the gift.
Just  please
allow me
to give back
this most
precious
chain
of love
and
allow me
to melt
in your pool
of surrender.
I am quite sure
that this is
the only
place
I have found
total
comfort
in living.

I don't care
where it is
I just ask
to always
have that house
full of this life
that sustains me
and takes me
away from it all
and into your arms
of
love.
the pure love
that I crave
and cherish
most.

Thank you
once again
for giving me
life
outside
of
ideas.

I am
forever
indebted.

~

No comments:

Post a Comment