Thursday, April 8, 2010

MOMENT BY MOMENT

When living entirely moment to moment in your life, you begin to wonder just what it was like, not too long ago, when everything in life was at your disposal.

I pan back on the recent past, and see how my life has changed so much, inwardly, without certain "luxuries", that we can all take for granted everyday. Phones, cars, stores, access to any and everything, if........you had a way to get there............ even bus lines........... no where in sight........

It brings you back to the very bare bones of life, and allows you to actually make things work, in an organic way, when, otherwise, we normally just mozie on in our days, not even thinking how awesome it is to actually drive, instead of walk, not calling someone, or emailing someone, but waiting to see them.......

There are so many things to do in a day, and it gets so filled up with "stuff" that takes up our time before we even realize it. Then, the day is gone, and you wonder what the heck you did with your day....

It kinda takes away from the real goods that fill our soul.

It is a shame that we wait for forced moments, or tragedies, or illness, or a broken leg to slow down, or your back going out, or whatever it may be...........to actually slow down and see the world, and experience it in a full way.............to actually be present with things, and nature, and people, and yes, the ol' cliche' to stop and smell the roses...........literally!

It reminds me of being in Africa. The people there are so genuine. You see how different they are, how they are so grateful for any and everything. Yes, situations are forced upon them, but nonetheless, you see how being without makes for some good soul! They experience such simplicity. It truly showed me how divine life can be, how humbling, without all of the stuff, the luxuries, the nice cars, homes, this that and the other thing. I'm not saying I don't love all of that stuff, because I do, but I do know that life is pretty damn precious, as a matter of fact, more precious, without those things. You can't help but to be grateful, every waking moment.

I remember coming home from Africa, so sad for the way we live, in many ways, and didn't want to lose what I had gained from there. I felt so selfish to be an American, in ways.

We have forgotten the simple life.

The "being" and not "doing" aspect of life is missing here...........

I think as long as I have Mother Nature surrounding me at all times, I will be OK. I don't want to swing to one whole side of not having, or doing, and too, don't want to be the shop a holic, grab every luxury I see because I can either. I think there can be a happy medium, to be able to stay humble in today's society, and not feel the need to buy into a mind set, just because it is what everyone else is doing, or, how we were brought up.

Hay, as long as I can hear God whispering the stories I need to hear...........and put it to some good use, I'll be happy to hop in my convertible BMW and head out to get a mani-pedi and some good deep tissue massage..............not a problem!

Moment to moment is definitely where it's at!!

Try not driving for a week, hay, even a day............... and still plan on doing what you need to do.......... and let me know.......... I'm super curious...................

Life is incredibly grand..................without one single solitary thing!!

Hooray for wisdom and love!

Enjoy every tiny moment today.

Love always,
Gabriela

2 comments:

  1. I just walked 20 New York City blocks from my business appointment on Fifth Avenue to the train station rather than take a cab...it was such a gorgeous day...had lunch in Bryant Park, flowers everywhere, some people watching...and some good exercise! I will sleep well tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete