Monday, May 17, 2010

DRAWN TO INTELLIGENCE

Well, after a night of lightning, thunder, hail and awesome rain, you can't think that I was playing checkers, or monopoly...........not if you have been following me this far.

This girl cooks, and thinks. Cooks......and thinks!!

I recently met some very cool people at work. I was naturally attracted to them, and visa verse, and the night went on with some great, great, dialogue.

Come to find out, they were psychotherapists. Imagine that! Me being attracted to a psychotherapist.

These women were great, right up my alley, and so spunky, and man, I tell you, I coulda hung with them all night.

The topics of conversation had me so turned on, and too, not to say that every psychotherapist has to have this, but there was a sparkle in their eyes. Actually one imparticular. There is something about clarity that turns me on. This is one.

People can have issues, but when there is an intelligent perspecive, within peoples "norm" of their issues, there is something to be looked at.

The most "crazy" people, so to speak, have been the ones that have caught my attention. The ones with a voice, with an attitude of conviction, and something to stamp it all on a hard core envelope.Yes, the ones who actually have something to say.......and...it rings true, for the most part, for me.

Let's clarify this. Not all crazy women turn me on, hahha. What I meant was...... people with a voice, with a conviction behind their words are the ones for me. Who speak Truth and stand behind it!

Even if it doesn't match up, I at least like to hear intelligent conversation, and let it stimulate my brain and my soul, into what it is that IT IS TRULY attracted to, and wants to glom onto.

I have always been interested in psycotherapy, since I was a child. I still am. I just don't think that the way I am, can coincide with the rules and the regulations of such a "badge".

I have more of a MT badge. That would be Mother Theresa badge. You know, you go where help is needed and you just help....no further questions asked. Not many rules attached, you just help out of sheer love, and of heart, and you give........

It is as simple as that.

I am passionate about therapy, it's why's and how's, and really, I have to say, most of my alone time is spent investigating, or detecting the ins and outs of this way,and that way of thinking, or not thinking, and it has been my muse for quite some time now.....years almost...... if I were to give myself any kind of credence, it would go back to when I was a child, really........... the passion has always been there. It really has never left me.

So......these women intrigued me, as, somehow, I did them. They know nothing about me, just what they have experienced at the restaurant.

You know, people are people, and just because she, or they, were therapist' doesn't mean anything but they have studied the human psyche, more than we have.

They have issues, and the same darn crap that we have, it just seems to get intellectualized more.

I was all about the conversation, and who they were, as people, outside of their work.

I did notice though, that one woman stood out. She was clear,and her eye contact made a difference. She had a specific title to her psychotherapy. That title intrigued me, to say the least.

Nevertheless, she is you, and is me, and is all of us, with a degree in something.

We had great conversation, and it could have gone on for days...........

I think we actually mirror who and what we are, and sometimes it is more obvious than the other.

There is an intelligence that draws me closer and closer.

If it has anything to do with who we are and what it has to do with our lives NOW......than yes, it will draw me close, and suck me in, and almost mesmorize me, to the point where I am intoxicated! Truly intoxicated, at the reasoning of it all.

I guess the bottom line is....... I LOVE TRUTH!

And, that is MY TRUTH!

Yours may differ.

I go where my heart tells me to go, not my head.

For the most part...........

I'm learning.

If I am quiet enough, I can hear what is REAL,and what is NOT.

This is the draw to Intelligence.

~

No comments:

Post a Comment