Monday, February 23, 2009

Love Takes on Many Forms

I never thought, that Love,
would surface in my life,
in all that ways that it does.

To me, at one time,
Love meant the one you spent time with,
your lover,
your husband,
your wife,
your family.

I never thought that
the main "highs" of my day,
would come from strangers,
from people I'd never met,
from dirty, unkempt, street people,
to old, grumpy senior citizens,
who complain from the minute you say hi,
to the minute they get ready to leave,
and then I take a second look,
and all time stops.

A wave of total joy flushes through me
and there I stand,
with the ones,
I'll will wind up looking like.

Peoples faces tell a story.
I listen intently.

I swallow it all and respond
to what comes naturally.

I want to jump out of my skin,
and thank these individuals
for plugging away.
And here they stand,
making MY day?

I see how nature aged them with
wisdom.
An ancient wisdom,
that only I can bow to.

There is a reverence,
of time,
and effort,
put forth on this earth.

If I could have them whisper one secret
I wonder what it would be?

I guess I'll never know,
unless

I lose my idea,
of what I think Love really is,
and allow the wisdom to become me.

1 comment:

  1. I like the "just do your best", that is all anyone can aspire to do with any set of circumstances.

    ReplyDelete