Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Who says............

Who says animals aren't like human beings?

I love them the same,

they are the same,

in fact, they give you more.

It is in the silent language that love speaks.

The simple things like, walking, caressing, playing, and sharing the days events.

Dogs hear it all.

So what if they don't answer.

They answer to me, in their way.

I don't know why I chose these guys above anything else.

Children...... fan fare, nights out...........

Where am I every night?

These guys make up so much of what life is about,

for me.

I can write a hundred poems, and they would tell a different story,

about my loved ones,

and never go stale.

It is almost ones time,

to leave the pack.

Nothing will be the same,

yet, the days remain,

and time makes another change,

for me to adjust.

Be with your loved ones.

Don't let time slip by.

Be it your animal,

or your child.

It really is the same.

Be so present that you don't miss a beat.

Your being will be changed forever.

~

3 comments:

  1. Open
    Present
    Being with
    without making distinctions
    or gradations

    these add to all that is good in life

    The Beatles said it
    "The Love You Make is
    Equal to the Love you take.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dream
    One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand. One belonged to him and one belonged to the Lord.
    When the last scene had flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints and noticed that many times along the path there was only one set of footprints in the sand. He also noticed that this happened during the lowest and the saddest times in his life.
    This really bothered him, and he questioned the Lord. "Lord, you said once I decided to follow you, you would never leave me, and that you would walk all the way with me. But I noticed during the troublesome times of my life, there was only one set of footprints. I don't understand why? When I needed you the most, you deserted me."
    The Lord replied "My precious, precious child, I Love You and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then I carried you."
    Tom Rubino
    Hamilton, New Jersey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tommy,

    This is one poem that mom would read to me all the time, and tell me to believe in it as much as I could, because it is what carried her through all the hard times we have had.

    I love this for that reason, and I can hear her softly reciting this to me before I would go to bed at night.

    Thank you for the sacred reminder of BELIEVING AND KNOWING WE ARE BEING CARRIED. And mom is carrying us too!

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete