Wednesday, December 30, 2009

BEING REAL WITH OURSELVES

It is enough to try to figure out what we want, how we are going to get there, and what it will take to actually get there.

I think, THAT we can be real with.

What I wonder though, is if we can actually be real with the things, or the emotions that come up that maybe we don't want to see, or feel, or acknowledge, for fear that it may be "wrong", or "bad", or not allowed into our little consciousness.

To me, nothing can ever be wrong, or bad. Things occur in our lives that bring up things for us, and for us to "take care of" or look at, and whatever it it is that we need to do to take care of it, or mend it, or whatever it may be for us, that we NEED to do.

Too, there is no special way, or "right" way to deal with our own personal stuff.

I cannot tell Sally (Sally is back, how fun), how she needs to deal with a situation that occurs for her, and her only, and too, cannot, by any stretch of your imagination, judge, for I know that every one of us has a particular scenario that needs attention, and some pretty tender love and ultimate care.

Me and Sally probably have a lot in common, but no one needs to know that.

What is most important is that I know what I need, and for me to take care of all that works into my own equation.

What do I need to do for me?

Is this or that healthy for me? Does it make me happy? Sad? Bring up too much old stuff? How much work am I really willing to do for this soul?

And........actually........what does that look like?

I know for myself, I have to be very willing to open myself up, be honest, not in the mind set of what is right or wrong, or what other people think would be good for me. ONLY I KNOW WHAT IS GOOD FOR ME, and........sometimes not, but for the most part, no one knows me, or my patterns or my past, better than me, SO...........TO BE REAL WITH OURSELVES, is to give up the goods, to ourselves, look at those goods, and see what we want to do with them.

Like I said, there is no right or wrong. This is YOUR LIFE, and you get to paint the picture that you want.

Will you be satisfied with the picture that you have created? Will it be true to you, or colored by societies vision?

Are you painting your life or a life of a school book or novel, or something that your mother or father has created FOR YOU?

BE REAL!

Even if it seems ridiculous or outside of the box.......if it seems or feels real...........please do me a favor and take the risk of doing just THAT! PLEASE DO NOT SECOND GUESS YOURSELF!

Society has a way of swaying you to mold yourself to IT.

Me and Society have had a torrid love affair since I was a kid. We battle it out now and again, and truly, I'm not looking to win or anything, it's just that my points seem to have a lot of validity, and society is goin, "Who the hell does she think she is".

Me? I'm just goin......... doesn't this seem simple?

That is all!

I like to be real with myself as much as I can so that I can truly get to who it is that I am. It is always changing, but then again, not really.

I've been the same since I was a kid.


I can go on and on.

Stick to what feels real to you and NEVER, NEVER COME OFF OF THAT, FOR ANYONE, OR ANYTHING!

It may seem at times that you are at a loss, but really, you are far, far ahead of the game.

Huge Touche' for staying True to ourselves and loving every minute of it.

I love you all so, so frigin much!

Goodnight!

Love,'
Gabriela

1 comment:

  1. Very timely post tonight, my friend. Words that I truly needed to hear. You continually bolster my resolve...much more so than you will ever know. I love you, girl! Nan

    ReplyDelete