Saturday, March 6, 2010

END OF THE TRAIL

This title has so many meanings behind it for me, but this morning, the meaning is one that has inspired me in the last few days.

A friend at work told me she was going home to have a get together with some people, and one of the people was this woman, named Bernice Ende, aka, Lady Long Rider.

She briefly told me the story of this woman, especially because my friend knows a little bit of what I like and what I gravitate toward, along with wanting so badly to live in the country, yes, goats, horses, maybe even a cow, who knows, and to just be in nature with my dogs, enjoying life, spending time with people who are authentic, like to gather, very low key, low maintenance, and just share stories and talk and have some wine with a good ol' bon fire goin.

Anyway, she told me of this woman, who basically is a pioneer. She rides across the country with just her two horses, and her dog sits up on top of one of the saddles and they ride everywhere. This trek, that she was going to do was a 7,000 mile, two year trek. Just the three of them, riding I think starting from Montana and then the map shows all of the pit stops and such.

I love this story, and especially if you go to her web site endofthetrail.com you will see just how amazing this woman is, how she just plainly spends most of her time in nature, with her animals, stopping in many different places, making beautiful friends all over the world, sharing life, stories, simplicity, and a genuineness that you cannot mistake for anything else.

THIS IS WHAT I LOVE. THIS IS WHAT I LOVE!!!

Even looking at her picture, there is a solid knowing that this woman is just doing exactly what she loves, and is beaming with that passion!

When I went in the next day to work I asked my friend how the gathering went, and sadly enough, she told me that Bernice horse suddenly died. The horse that has taken her on all of her travels, and has been like a partner, so to speak, a companion that was her heart and soul.

She was leaving that day I think and now she has another plan, I guess to get another horse and train him to be able to trek around the US with her.

I plan to read her blog more, as you should. She is an amazing woman, with heart and soul, and a fervor for life that makes me sing inside.

It makes me all that more inspired to do exactly what I am doing, which is sketching out any and everything that makes me extremely happy, and putting a plan together that will enable me to live 100% in that glory........ nothing less!

She has sparked my world inside!

Thank you to all of the people who show me that living your ultimate dreams, are not, in fact, just dreams.

It may take awhile, but so........Rome wasn't built in a day!

Where's my horse? I'm so outa here!

See you in the woods somewhere............

Gabriela

No comments:

Post a Comment