Wednesday, March 24, 2010

IT'S THE SIMPLE THINGS



There are a few things that I just can disappear into. Cooking would be one of those things. God, how I love to cook, and good food, too.
It is my day off, and any chance I get, I like to get a bunch of healthy ingredients, spread them all out and conjure something up that just seems good to me in that moment.
Today I am making Fresh Atlantic Salmon with a Ginger Garlic, Pineapple Citrus marinade, Zucchini Squash stuffed with a Brown Rice, Shitake Mushroom, Cilantro Mango sauce, and a great salad with tons of fresh veggies and a homemade dressing that I never make, because I stink at making dressings, so I decided to embrace my little Apple Cider Vinegar and try to get as creative as I could without measuring.
Don't laugh, it's funny. You can give me any food on the face of the earth and I will cook you the most fabulous food, without any recipe, hints, clues or cheat sheet, but to make a simple dressing??? It's as if I lost all sense of any intuition, and stand there with the biggest question mark in my head.
I also have been making fresh juices everyday, hence, the produce isle in my kitchen. It really IS
just for me, but I got so addicted to juicing every day that I had to stock up.
It is truly amazing how these simple little things, not only are a beautiful sight to see, but how just in preparing these foods, or drinks, makes you feel so grateful for how available they are to us, how amazingly healing and healthy they are, and how we really don't need too much to sustain these crazy little bodies that we take for granted, so often.
I know I do. Ahh, but I don't want to get too serious about it. I'm having fun now in my life.
At one point, I was just a bit too crazy about what went into this body, and yes, I was the epitome of healthy, but to not go out to eat because they don't have blue corn instead of yellow corn, or nothing really is make without dairy, or wheat, or processed foods.......... ahhh, I just don't wanna do it. I love my Italian food, wine, bread and cheese. Leave me alone, I'm Italian, and to boot, I'm passionate about food, all of it, every last little kind, from any region, and I will learn every bit of it and then invite you over for the most fun time, to learn about all of the new foods that no one ever takes the time to know, or learn, because, well, it's weird or different than say, your steak and potatoes, or your chicken and broccoli.
C'mon............. travel with me............ eat some good food............be simple............ learn new ways, new cultures, and how to have the best time, doing absolutely nothing, but eating, sipping, and talking about any subject you choose!
Any requests.................... ???
Have a beautiful day...........I am...........rain an' all!!!
I better be careful...........feeling like this makes me want to travel and escape.......... just to be out of the "norm".
Who knows? It might be good!
Ciao!
LOVE,
Gabriela

No comments:

Post a Comment