Friday, September 11, 2009

THERE'S NOTHING LIKE.........

......... the beauty of rain.

I got out of work late, and drove home in the pouring rain. I drove slow and just listened to it pour down on the hood of the truck.

I don't care what rain falls down on. To me, it could pour down on anything and sound like a symphony, at it's best.

Needless to say my drive home was so soothing after running around all night.

By the time I got home, I couldn't resist getting out, and just going for a walk.

It smelled too good, sounded too good, and really, I just absolutely love the feel of walking in the rain, especially when it pours down. That smell is so amazing to me, and it's kind of like, "how often do you get to be outside, in all of natures glory, doing what it does best", fully clothed, not caring if your hair gets messed up, your make up smeared, your clothes or shoes wet...........

It's just a big fat WHO CARES, and it feels so damn good!!!

I opened my mouth to catch the rain. Stuck my hands out to feel it pounding on my palms, swished my shoes in the puddles........... you can't help but to giggle at how cool it is, and the fact that you really do become a kid again, and it makes for the most cozy feeling inside.

Then it dawned on me that I was off the next day, and that I can actually sleep in. I get to open the doors to my deck, hear the rain, smell the rain, and know that I will sleep well, with that alone.

Why is it that certain types of weather affect our moods? Some people get depressed by rain. I can see living in Seattle and getting depressed but not here, especially when we've been living in the Mohave dessert for the last several months.

Blast the doors open and get a whiff!

Mother nature just opened up the sky and blasted us with some goods. Take it in!!

It always feels good too, and is needed so much by my type of personality, that you have many hours of being social, upbeat and just moving, that, when you do get to have great opportunities like this, it brings you right back to the place that you know is your first home, even if you don't stay there too long in your days.

It becomes a natural retreat, and like going on a real retreat, somewhere conducive , beautiful and everything that you would want to make you feel your best, it brings you to a center. Grounds you and makes it all worth the "getting wet", and messed up.

I took the dogs out, cuz you know how much dogs love the rain...........not!

They go if I go..........and they are so darn cute trying to run for cover.

That innocence was icing on the cake.

It always, without a doubt, reminds me how life really IS THIS SIMPLE, and how we all get off on tangents, is beyond me...........knowing the difference in feeling, inwardly, and outwardly.

Do yourself a favor.........check the rain out.........peek your head outside your window, or door, and get a good whiff of what I'm talkin' about. Stick your tongue out to catch a few drops.

Hell, do what I did........ just get your butt out there and go for a quick run in it.

DO IT, YOU'LL HAVE FUN AND LAUGH LIKE A KID AGAIN.

You don't have to tell anyone, just do it, and revel in your own innocent pleasures.

(I wanna know though.......heee)

Share the goods, tell me your experiences............ it's what keeps me alive............

INNOCENCE THAT IS.............. THE SIMPLE PLEASURES IN LIFE THAT DON'T COST A DIME.

Hope it rains tomorrow.

It might just be a movie day, in my pajamas.

Rain always warrants that too.

Always count on Blockbuster being busy on those kind of days.

Enjoy the rain my friends.

I'll be thinking of you.

Have a beautiful night.

Tons of love,
Gabriela

No comments:

Post a Comment