Saturday, April 11, 2009

DON'T APOLOGIZE FOR YOUR ART

Whatever vehicle you express your art through, never, never apologize for it. I tell myself that in so many ways, with different art that I choose to express with. It could be the art work in my home, or writing, or tattoos, the way I dress. There are a million different ways to express your own unique art, whatever it may be, and it is YOURS, and yours only.

It doesn't matter what anyone says, or thinks, it is not their way of expressing. So what if they don't like your picture hanging, so what if they choose not to have a tattoo, or do any of the things that you may like to do.

It's funny because all of the "socially correct" things to do are automatically accepted, but for those of us who have chosen a different path, we are sort of looked down upon, or frowned upon, because it isn't written in the "straight and narrow" rule book. We COULD, just as well, comment to those who have strong opinions and say something like, GOD, I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU HAVE KIDS!!! WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU DO THAT TO YOURSELF?
Or, I cannot believe you wasted so much time in college? Why? No one really uses half the stuff they learned anyway.
I'm just picking some of the things that have occured with so many people, and I watch and listen, in my world, and many others, who have chosen an artists way of living.

No degree? What? You .... you...... vagabond you! Oh, she can't be that educated, I mean, who DOESN'T go to college, or get a degree in SOMETHING???

This goes out to all of the artists I know, who dare to express themselves in all the artful, talented, creative, amazing ways, to bring life and color to this world. Who venture out of the box to explore the beauty of a vision that only they can see, in the most unique and intellegent ways, wether it be acting, painting, writing, directing, filming, gardening, bee keeping, decorating, sculpting bodies, singing, photography...........the list goes on.

Get those talents out of the closet, put them to good use!! You are the amazing artful soul that needs to express, and make a living doing it.

DON'T CONFORM! Do what you know how to do, what you LOVE TO DO, and make it happen!!!!!!!

Life is to be enjoyed with the passions that you have. It doesn't matter what the Beaver Cleavers are doing. Let them enjoy their white picket fence. That is for them, and I hope they enjoy that. Nothing wrong with that. Just a different style.

I'd have a white picket fence too. Mine would more than likely have stained glass in between, or Freedom written in the cracks or somethin', but, hay, the white would show somewhere in there.......... I guess!

3 comments:

  1. What if

    the people who said "CONFORM LITTLE MISSY CONFORM"
    and who
    are YELLING the loudest
    were between one's ears

    Everytime..you pick up a paintbrush or
    open your mouth to say "exactly what you think"
    there is someone (between your ears) over riding you

    saying "YOU can't say THAT" or
    "You can't do that"

    or
    in an upsurge of REBELLION
    against these "LOUDSTERS"
    You PAINTED ANYWAy
    or SAID IT Anyway

    But the LOUDSTERS IN THE EARS KEPT SHOUTING
    and made a BIG COMMOTION
    so that you could hardly get on to the next thing...
    because they just , simply would not
    shut up or be satisfied with any compromise on "their reality choices"..vs the one's I MAKE

    Life can be EPIC...it can be like
    Surfing on the biggest wave
    Knees shaking, feet shifting for a hold
    Trying desparately to find the balance on the BOARD

    Everyday...is a chalk mark to say
    HERE I AM
    I MADE IT
    The loudsters have their gallery
    But I have my LIFE

    ALC

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's as though you read MY blog! Being an outsider can fill you with doubt and yet... why do I do it (paint and draw)? Because I LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "DO WHAT YOU LOVE THE MONEY WILL FOLLOW" I AGREE. I ALSO KNOW YOU WILL CONTINUE TO PERSUE YOUR PASSON REGARDLESS. THAT IS WHO I THINK YOU ARE...WHICH IS PRETTY UNIQUE.!....B

    ReplyDelete