Thursday, April 16, 2009

DON'T THINK SO MUCH!

When we think too much, it deprives us of the happiness that comes when we are living fully in the moment.

I say, "Give our heads a rest already".

Take your socks off! Go walk in the grass, and if you are persistent enough to really want to think??? Just think of staying focused on the grass until all of your thoughts leave, and as soon as you start thinking again, think of the grass. Maybe then we might be able to feel what the heck we've been walking on our whole lives!

I know one thing is for sure. I miss the very basics of old school living. Walk to the store, write a letter instead of texting or emailing, hang your clothes out to dry, forget the dryer, drive your car in silence, do the math, don't use the calculator, read a book, forget the audio cassette, go fishing for food, go out to the garden and get your veggies, pick some herbs while your out there, oh, I can go on.

I've been walking bare foot in the grass for days.

And, no, I don't smoke, but I do sport a good bandana!

3 comments:

  1. it's how we live now...we use the line for drying, get the herbs and veggies, amaze at the miracle of what survives our "gardening efforts", spend time with the pooches and let their unfolding be the scaffold for our own uncurl.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't have said it better. "the scaffold for our own uncurl"........... I love that!

    My best realizations have come from my pooches. Wow, what a consciousness! What a time to revel in the might of our own skin!

    ReplyDelete