Wednesday, July 29, 2009

CHEERLEADING SQUAD

OK, so how many of us have FULL cheer leading squads, that cheer us on everyday? Do you have that many friends that come and cheer lead for you everyday? Or, are you your own cheerleader?

Who inspires you? Who motivates you? Who really gets those frigin pom poms out to say your name out loud, to route for you, and you only??? Who............tell me? Who dares to go that far to scream in your ear, YOU ARE OK? YOU ARE CRADLED! YOU ARE LOVED, SOULFULLY LOVED!! WHO? REALLY?? C'MON....................

Do people whisper sweet nothings in your ear during the day? Does someone remind you throughout your days, that you are loved, so purely, so genuinely, and not have a motive attached?

I know I have had my own cheer leading squad, for 40 plus years. The team is called "Gabriela Team".

Damn, you want to hire that team, they do a pretty darn good job............all inspiring, motivating, and all kinds of good stuff. I kid you not!

Who is on your team? Do you even have a team? Or is it a fake team? One that pretends to be there, but really, wants their own squad, so they pretend to be YOUR squad, but, really, they need their OWN squad, before they get to yours. And probably, you want them to stick to their own squad, because they haven't had one in awhile, so them coming to cheer lead for you might be quite the disaster. They are probably basketball players, pretending to be cheerleaders........ kind of what I did in high school. Yes mom, I will be a cheerleader, if that is what YOU WANT. Don't worry, I didn't really like basketball that much............ I just asked for a basketball court for Christmas, as my ONLY gift......... why would I want to play basketball, when I could CHEERLEAD?? YEAH!!

Because you know the second thing on my Christmas list was POM POMS........... ahem......... uh....yea.......... pom poms and a skirt........... YOU KNOW ME SO WELL. Bring them on.

UGH!

Go Steinert!!

Where is my glass of wine!!

Or my puke bag!

No wonder I go to therapy. I was traumatized by little skirts, pom poms and giddy laughter. I wanted to trip all of my peers trying to make a pyramid so they would stop cooing. God, that girlie laughter, those heeeeeeeeee noises............. and there is me, goin' you have got to be kiddin' me.................. Oh, stories to tell........ I skipped locker room girl time.............. more therapy trauma............. ( I'm laughing so hard). I need to finish my book, so I can finally rest.

My friend is going on vacation with her friend from high school that was a cheerleader. I laughed when she told me. She said, "Yea, I'll do some cheer leading for ya". I thought, "Great".......I need it!

She's no cheerleader, I could tell by the way she threw her hands up over her chair, that it didn't come natural. She's field-hockey or softball, for sure. Broad shoulders an' all! Maybe a swimmer with those shoulders, but not a cheerleader............. not a cheerleader, for sure.

Anyway, the point is............ DO WE HAVE ANY ONE ASIDE FROM US THAT CAN SAY A RA RA, FOR US...........SAY OR DO SOMETHING SO THAT WE DON'T HAVE TO CARRY SUCH A HEAVY WEIGHT AROUND?

I'll take it.

I took it today. I let someone cheerlead for me, and it takes some getting used to. We are so used to hearing our own voices, that when someone kicks their feet up and yells a cheer, you're like, " "Oh, You are funny", what the hell are you doing?" Once you get past the laughter, you see the realism in it, and calm down, and relax into someone else ra ra-ing for you. I love it!! And, I need and want more.

Did I say that I need and want it more? Let me rephrase that. I NEED IT!


I never say that I need anything, but I am taking the time now.

It's important to specify your needs. (so, camden you need to come in tomorrow no matter what)

Nurturing, love, caressing, hand holding, soft speach........... gentleness, innocence, playfulness, everything soft, and easy.

That is my new game.

What is it that you are wanting from your cheerleading squad?

Write it, email it, say it, just tell me already. I can't wait any longer.

I will cheerlead for you, Gabriela style.........which involves everything BUT pom poms.

Love you like crazy, combat boots an' all............
Gabriela.........not Gabby............but...........ahhhh..... Gabriela.............. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment