Wednesday, July 22, 2009

RAIN WARRANTS CERTAIN THINGS

......like warm blankets, cuddling up, doing nothing, eating take out, wearing flannels, and sipping hot tea.

Usually I have all of my reading material stacked up, or whatever good book I'm in the middle of, or, I throw in some great movie that I have watched over and over again, just to get a good laugh in, or maybe to disappear for awhile into someone else's drama, other than my own.

Tonight, I did the warm blankets, flannels, doing nothing, sipping hot Ginger Lemon Tea, and cuddled with the dogs, and then said, "Ya, know, it is way to perfect of a moment to let this slip by", so I went out onto my deck, where the city lights captivate me nightly, and gazed at my favorite light house, the one I insist was put there just for my muse, and stood there naked, while the rain poured down on me. It was such an innocent, grand moment in time, to just empty myself out there, breathing deeply, getting intoxicated by the aroma that rain emanates, and licking the salt that had been dripping from my face, in the mere 15 minutes, that seemed like a lifetime.

There are a million ways to disappear into a reality that doesn't have anything to do with daily life. When I say that, I don't mean to check out in an unhealthy way. It simply means there is a grand opera playing, and I just can't seem to pass up the tickets. How can I not use them when the ticket says, "Attend Now?" I'd be a fool. Even if there was an expiration date, I'd be afraid I'd miss the show somehow. Such is the saying, "IT'S NOW OR NEVER".

I may believe in that statement too much these days. I have to access that and get back to ya on that one.

Rain evokes so much, and yet, the simplicity it yearns for you to latch on to, allows, mostly, for your being to just say NO to things you normally would be doing, to slow down, and to just be. You know, that thing where you just allow yourself to DO NOTHING and to not feel guilty, or ridden with thoughts of the should and shouldn'ts. It is just a BIG FAT AAAAAHHHHH!

And there she blows.......THAT IS IT!! Done. An evening with no to do's, and you are in bed at a decent hour, relaxed and ready for the next day that will present you with all that was there right before you noticed the rain, and decided to check out into your own separate reality, separate from the grind, and all else that occupies that little head of yours.

Wow, can you believe how much it takes to get coerced into doing NOTHING? I mean if you are a regular couch potato, these statements don't apply, but for those of us who think we are superhuman, and can go to bed at 1, wake up at 5, and never stop till you lay your head down, is a true feat, when you do see that rain. You end up running towards it like it was a long lost love, arms spread out, music playing an' all. ( I'm Italian, I will be dramatic at times) :)

I think these days, I need to do a few rain dances at night. Even if it only sprinkles, I'll pretend it's a storm, hurry up, run upstairs, throw my big ol' flannel on, some big fuzzy socks, and head to the couch, or maybe I'll get one of those Cd's that plays the sound of rain continuously, and let that be my pretend world, to allow me the hall pass to DO NOTHING.

Hay, whatever it takes, ya know? I'm all for the things that get you to where you need to go, no matter what it looks like, uh....for the most part.

I hope you all at least sat and looked out of your window, stared at the lightning, listened to the thunder, and maybe the rain took you away for one flat second. Maybe you dreamt of that boat you want, or the vacation that you are planning, or the person you want to be with, or maybe, just maybe, you actually didn't think of a damn thing, and you rested in your soul, and that was that!!

Any which case, I hope you took yourself away, even for a moment in time, to be with you, the person you spend most of your time, away from.

I think we need to give ourselves more of what we give everybody else, and see how fast we respond to such minute amounts of attention, and then, on a larger scale, visualize giving yourself grand amounts of time, and just imagine, how we would respond, then, to all of that attention, just for ourselves...........and contemplate an incredibly beautiful existence, because, it will be, when you allow that time.................for......just YOU!

Get out in the rain. Kick through the puddles, sing in it, hold hands with someone and be a kid again, laugh for no reason, say WHO CARES to your current situation............just for a second, cuz don't worry, it will be there to tap you on the shoulder any second now.

JUST HAVE FUN FOR A MINUTE, FOR A FEW MINUTES and forget all else!

RAIN WARRANTS CERTAIN THINGS................... Go get in your flannels, flip the TV on, make some comfort food, and snuggle up.

It's that kinda night!

My ginger tea has me warm, the dogs are all curled up, the crickets are playing more tunes, and I am headed to a fuzzy land, beyond my imagination.

Sweet dreams.
Sleep cozy.

All my love,
G

No comments:

Post a Comment