Sunday, July 19, 2009

WHAT IS IT THAT YOU ARE WANTING?

Let's all be honest about this one okay? You don't have to tell anyone or admit or confess anything to anyone, but just be honest with yourself in asking, "When I give, am I wanting something in return?

More than likely it won't seem so obvious, like ,well , If I give someone THIS , I hope they turn around and give me that thing, cuz, after all I AM GIVING THEM SOMETHING.

It's not like that. It's more subtle. More like, I want to give. I want to give everything I have, above and beyond, and this person is great, and I don't want anything. This is unconditional, really, it is.

Well, I believe that we all have those good intentions, and no one wants to think that we are giving with a thought of wanting something in return, but the fact is, most of the time, we do, whether it is validation, attention, love, ego strokes, adoration, to be the best friend, the hero, the one who has given it all, like no one else, no matter what, you can come up with your own story line, I am sure.

I know there have been many instances in my life where I thought I was giving unconditionally, and it took years for me to realize, and to be humble enough to look at it from a mature place, to see, wow, there was a little girl in there wanting so much. So much to be loved, so much to be needed, for someone to recognize my good qualities, and to just plain ol' get some love from whatever corner I could. So, it wasn't that those deeds weren't genuine, it is just that it wasn't as pure as I had thought it to be. I look back and think, awww, but I loved doing that, and I loved that person so much, I went to the edges of the earth for that person, and now, I recognize that is was pure intent, but there was a little person in there craving something from someone that really, in all honesty, I would have never gotten because it wasn't the REAL thing that I was searching for to begin with.

Those instances come up a lot, and if I am honest, I can say, "Yes, here it is again". Maybe it is a combination of both. Pure, and maybe tainted with a little girl in there that says, Love me, love me, and then the heart is just the heart, and it genuinely wants to share itself. Nothing wrong with that. I'm not looking to be perfect, or find someone perfect.

Hay, we are not god's, and I will never pretend to be, but I do know that I will always work on not wanting something false from someone, and hope that I can remain objective enough to where there is a clear understanding that some things need to be worked on. After all, we ARE HUMAN.

Look at things closely. What is it that you are expecting from someone? Are you waiting for someone to be "something" for you? Are you wanting someone to do something for you? Give you something? Be something other than what they already are?

Are you fantasizing about something that isn't really there?

You call it!

Give and give with your heart with no thought about it. Give and let go. Do not have any thought after that of what should or should not happen, how someone should or should not be with you, what may need to occur, how it should occur, or what you should get out of it, because after all, you have been there for them, or done this for them.

NO............you offered, you gave unconditionally, right? Or wrong? So why should there be any other thought?

Like Buddha says, "When there are no expectations, you will have ALL things".

That saying helps keep me in check. It takes the heat off of everything. OK, don't expect anything from anyone? WOW............now I don't have to look around for anything. Because there isn't anything to look for unless it shows up on it's own. Capeesh? Get it?

I do. I resonate with it. You don't have to, but what do you think?

I just want to love, and give and let it go at that. But, I also know we didn't grow up in such a free and example laden world, so there is a ton of unlearning to do. It's hard man, I tell ya.

Not too many people lookin' into all of this stuff, and if they are, they are the ones choosing to take some extra time off from regular activities to give it a fair shot at applying these things that don't come oh, so natural.

Give it the fair shot it so deserves.

You won't be sorry.

Maybe a bit lonely, but once you try, you may start staying in a bit more.

Play poker on this one.

GAMBLE EVERYTHING FOR LOVE.

~

6 comments:

  1. Hey there...wanna go sit beneath the stars sometime with our dogs and just be human?
    penelopepips

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is it about language that interferes with the intent of people...
    we can say we want this or that
    we can say we don't want this or that..

    if how we say it...even to ourselves..somehow misses linguistically..
    it can set off alarm bells, road blocks,confusion...
    and not the love or caring that was intended.

    is there a relationship between internal clarity and clear-speak...
    does it even matter...

    hmmmm....????....hmmmm
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. god, I love you!

    It is late, and I want to answer, but you always make me thin in such a great way, and I want to respond when I am not making shrimp and vegetables and multi-tasking. YOU always deserve my undivided attention. I do appreciate your responses, your beautiful poetry, and just your passionate being that goes beyond the regular ridiculous norm. You, my friend, will always be in my life.

    Stay tuned.

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buon Appetito...and it's late...I hope you (and I too) have a peaceful lovely slumber, waking refreshed for the start of the work weak.

    XOX0
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will. I always find ways to divert my minds attention. To a good place, that is.

    I cook, am present with my vegetables, screaming beauty, to me, and really, in those moments, there is nothing else.

    Your response warrants something other than a quick rush to the dining table to post something.

    Look out for my love, to you.

    Thank you for reading, and not only that, for being the eclectic being that you are. It is so appreciated, acknowledged, and really, honored on a level that doesn't come around too often, even if we differ in dialogue. You are a gem! Thank you for your special-ness.

    Caio
    Gabriela

    ReplyDelete
  6. And, only, once in a great while do we differ, but, nonetheless, you make me want to write.

    thank you.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete