Monday, August 3, 2009

EXPANDING OUR HORIZONS

Sometimes I see how lazy I can be.

Honestly, that is not the truest statement, but in some aspects, I have to say it is.

Generally, I am not a lazy ass. I go from early morning till this blog shuts down, and still, I am moving and going, and squeezing every bit of whatever I can, in, so that the next day won't be so laden with stuff.

What I do profess to be lazy with, is technology. Gadgets..........things that take time to learn how to use. Like, can you believe I have an I-phone after all of the writing about I this, and I that, and being old fashioned and all of that? I laugh, but not really, I don't think, to know that it almost becomes part of the process, at least as far as making any kind of business work, or, well, I'll say it, to make things more convenient...............ahhhhh........I bought in............I bought in to the whole stinkin' process............... Oh, well......... it beats buying a camera I couldn't really afford. Is that a type of validation? I think so....how funny! I just validated my self for having an I-phone, how frigin funny.

Anyway, I am really trying to get this blog going, and it is in it's baby stages. Just babyyyyyyyyyyy. Toddler-ish. But it has been good ground for me to be consistent, and to hear all of you, and what you have to say, and really, how the whole process works. Lord knows, this is not how I imagined myself to make a living. I always envisioned myself sitting in my library, or study, with tons of books on my desk, looking out over the water, or trees, and having a conducive background with a great chair, (have to have a comfortable, cool chair to hang out in for that many hours, and writing on my old school notepad, all of the things that were happening in my world, or, all of the funny things or interesting things I see in my house, with my dogs, children's books, etc.............

Never did I think I'd be typing, looking at a screen, and wondering how I could ad pictures, sites, music, and expand my literary intelligence to the whole world through the web. HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

DO WHAT YOU LOVE AND DON'T WORRY ABOUT HOW IT WILL UNFOLD.

Man, I just put stuff out there. I have no idea how this will all happen, but I write every night, put stuff out to my beloved Universe, and hope that all will come back ten fold, only because, there are good intentions weaved everywhere in there.

There is never the "right time", I don't think. I think you should just DO whatever it is that you want to do, without thinking of any kind of outcome, and if you are sincere enough, and see your dream before you, then god will provide it for you. I mean really SEE IT. Don't just pretend for one second to see it. Really see it in all of it's colors, it's shapes, it's location, the feeling behind it, and the people involved, the money you make...........all of it, and then let it go..........but keep that vision in mind.

It isn't being airy fairy, it's building on a dream, not forgetting it, and actually applying whatever it is that you need to, even if you don't know much about it, and then patience comes in as a handy tool too.

Reflect for a second.

Reflect on those experiences in your life when you totally felt like you were unprepared for what was before you.

Ask yourself:

How did you overcome those moments?

What sources of internal strength did you discover?

Did you focus on any dreams, knowing that there was something bigger in life yet, for you to do?

What courage did you find because you were unprepared, because you just HAD TO?

ACT:

Remind yourself of the strength in your life, of the things you have accomplished when you HAD TO.

Define your dreams.......and acknowledge them as real, and worthy of your courage and strength.

Do one small thing you are not quite ready to do..........and recapture the power of amateur status.

So.....yea..........we are all amateurs. Who cares? We all have to start somewhere, right?

I'm starting, and learning, and growing everyday. I have huge, huge, dreams, and everyday, I think of them, and try to create ways to get to them. I don't want to be bogged down with the whys and the how's of NOT BEING ABLE TO DO THEM, because of all of the tens of thousands of reasons why. I know that I CAN, BECAUSE I HAVE, AGAINST ALL ODDS, NO MONEY, NO THIS AND NO THAT..............don't make excuses.............

EXPAND YOUR HORIZONS............. get creative, and get outa the box.

I hate doing some of the things that I am doing and learning, but it actually feels good to embrace them. It's kind of empowering.

Don't go asking me to fix your DVD player or anything.........cuz, guess what? That shit ain't happenin................

Go easy........... I'll change your AC filter, or fix your toilet........that much I'll do.............

for now........maybe next time, I would have fixed a breaker or two.

Go on.............I know your mind is whirling..............find out how you are going to expand.........and grow..........and get that much closer to something that you really want, and that you "think" is so far outa reach!

It's not.......trust me......it's not!

I am here, with palms up, ready to hold the next hand that needs reassurance.

Love,
Gabriela

No comments:

Post a Comment