Sunday, August 16, 2009

A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT VIEW

I am sure, what I am about to write, won't even skim the surface of what transpired, today, or any other day that cameras and people are involved.

Ya know, you are your own individual, going about life, doing your own thing, working your stuff out, figuring your life's plan, getting over hurts, pondering your life, trying to stay afloat with what life offers, and what you have chosen, thus far, and to keep healthy in it all, you sit back and go, WOW........ OK, this is my life, these were/are my choices, and now...........what??

You come down your stairs to people, and cameras and all of a sudden, you are the subject of someone else's work, someone else's passion, someones actual work day.

No longer are you that person, but a subject, on the outside, of course, and then there you are, listening to directions to go beyond thought, to manage a good shot, or take, and you find yourself all alone, in your regular everyday life, inside, just posing, or smiling, to a direction.

Inside, there are a ton of things happening, and you are deep in to a place that no one can hear, smell, taste or touch. It is yours, and yours alone. In their direction, you latch onto your your own private thoughts and reality, and surely, it will surface in those images. I guess, we will see.

It was the wildest feeling today, being subject to someone else's art, and you, being the subject. They see things about you, want this and that, and they are passionate because somehow you are making their work, or passion come to life. That, in and of itself, was so amazingly eye opening, and an odd sense of responsibility to make something happen, for them. That all gets lost in the motion of things.

I was quiet most of the time, but in total awe of every aspect of the day. From the spontaneity of it, to the guests that were warmly welcomed into my home, to watching them set up cameras and tri-pods, and watching them sizzle with ideas, and hearing their little sighs of perfection, to seeing the intricacy of lighting, and the grandeur of each and every single moment that is important to the exact image they wanted.

Hails of praise, moans of excellence, accolades for the beauty of timing, and the perfect shot.......really, all of it.

The music I chose to help me feel "at home, in my home", took me to a place that only really happens in my alone time. I was surprised to feel so comfortable, given the circumstances.

My one friend, who is so precious to me, who is one of the photographers, was and always is, such a joy to be around. Her innocence and passion for her work is undeniable, and it was actually incredibly stimulating to watch her, so excited, like a kid in a candy store, to capture the right lighting, to snap the right shot, or to have such an exact feeling of being done with a series of photos, as I do, when I sail to the last line of a poem, and know, it was just meant to be there, no questions asked.

That, to me, is art, and without a doubt, incredibly satiating!

You know when "you " have completed something, intuitively. It just warrants the period, or exclamation point at the end of the sentence. You drop your pen and feel that you have completed something whole hearted.

You have captured the essence of a gift that was sent to you via........call it what you want.
Dancers, writers, painters, composers................no need to explain to me where or why or how your art arises...............I get it.

You are the vehicle for something great, and somehow, you were picked to represent that art.
To show it off the best way that you can. GO FOR IT............ wrap me up and take me home.
I'm all over it!!!

Man, I am just so amazed tonight, at ART..........THE BEAUTY OF ART, THE BEAUTY OF A DIFFERENT VIEW.

I am so humbled at the fact that I had the opportunity to watch, to acknowledge fine art at it's best, and I got to be the subject, to convey what THEIR EYES SEE.

Hours went by, and I started to get tired, but thought, given enough time, this could be genius.......... art from one perspective, art from another perspective............collaborating.......... I AM IN MY ELEMENT. A fire started, images churned within, and soon, the feeling of home surrounded me. Not MY home, but the familiar feeling of capturing life, human life, and it's colorful moments, it's raw moments, it's vulnerable moments, it's scary, edgy, and lost moments.
I feel, I have much to offer in this arena, and has been the focus of my extra moments, since I was as little as could be. Film, art, expression. How ever will that be articulated, and acknowledged?

All of it gets captured, in a frame, or two, or 1700.00

I will remember all 1700. And if you show me each and every frame, I will tell you what I was thinking, and why. As to what it conveys in form, is the art, the excellence in art. Will it show, just where I was, or is that art, too, where, the perceived is allowed to think what they wish, and the artist stands in the background saying, " How great, that analogy, but man, they should have only known where I was in that exact moment".

I have a feeling, that today, no one, will ever know, exactly where I was, and that is OK. I love that Private Idaho place. It soothes me.

People get away with murder, reading what writers share about. They somehow get off the hook with the writer sharing exactly how they feel, so you have no work to do, just believe the writer, or not, gel with it, or not.

With photography, as sculpting, or painting, and many other modalities, you have to put your thinking cap on, to guess where the hell they were, what the hell they were thinking, and how that could possibly pertain to you, in your everyday world, OR, guess where the heck they are coming from so that you can get a grip on what or where, they were, at the time of their birth....... their artists birth.

GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I LOVE ART.

This is such a long, PASSIONATE SUBJECT..........SO INTRICATE, SO SEXY, SO UNBELIEVABLY WORTH TAKING MAJOR AMOUNTS OF TIME TO DISSECT AND TO WRITE ABOUT............... IT'S GOT ME ON FIRE, TO SHARE THE MOST INCREDIBLE LIFE, WITH A .........................SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT VIEW.

I told you, this will not even touch, the enormity of this subject...........so leave it to me, to just finish my book and to pour out all of my passions on pages that were never written upon, and let those virgin pages scream out the extreme passion that resonates within an artistic mind. I don't want to even say "artistic" mind, but a mind that wants to cover itself up, wrap itself in pure, pure leaves, and allow itself to grow, organically, in a garden that that has no other objective, than to be................a GARDEN............... to reproduce organic matter.............. to the Gardener.... that wants to harvest pristine goods.

The Gardener Always Knows................. from a SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT VIEW.

~

No comments:

Post a Comment