Tuesday, August 25, 2009

GOING THE EXTRA MILE.....

I used to think that I went the extra mile, for what I believed in, stood up for things that I was passionate about, spoke up, stood out, and did everything I could to allow a voice to be heard, knowing, that I would just never speak up just for the sake of someone hearing what I had to say. I would leave that for my salon appointments and call it a day.

Anyway, as I "run on the treadmill of my life", I see how, there was a huge passion to say, and do, and be active, but also a fear, of some sorts. I'm not quite sure what that fear is, I'll leave that for my therapist, but the point is, at this point in my life, I am following through, with every thing that I have wanted to stand up to, or for, whether it is for me, or for some other "underdog", that is getting an unwanted lashing.

In my life, I am standing up for things that I have been passionate about my whole entire life, but inside, that voice, was suffocated. It wasn't "allowed" to surface, for outward reasons, and subconsciously, for inward reasons.

But now, the beauty in my life is, that certain people and instances are bringing forth the support or allowance, to voice these things, to let it be heard, or, to just follow through on things that don't actually feel natural to me, but to follow through with what I think is in alignment with who I am and what I actually believe in. What an awesome feeling, to take control of your life!!! Wow!!

Sometimes life doesn't support that so easily. Whether it be the Laws of Texas, or just the narrowness of the mind that doesn't want to expand, for whatever reason.

Nonetheless, staying true to myself, in such huge ways, even if it is outside of my comfort zone, is allowing me to morph into something I don't quite have a name for just yet, but feels incredibly rewarding.

I think it is a big stare in the mirror, to actually acknowledge, head on, that we respect ourselves enough, to do whatever it takes to stand up for what we believe in, to do whatever it takes to stand that ground, even if it is uncomfortable, or makes your life inconvenienced in many ways. I mean, hay, "Who needs a car in today's progressive lifestyle anyway? I'm pretty sure it is not the 60's and we can just stick a thumb out, and away to work we go?!

When you really look at it, from the helicopter, you start goin", "Man, what has taken me so long?"

It's really not a judgement, just a huge, WOW, It's taken me this long to see how important I REALLY AM!!

Shoot, we do it for lovers, for friends, for our jobs............WE STAND UP, STAND PROUD AND TALL FOR ALL ELSE, but when it comes to US? We take a back seat.

NO MORE BACK SEATS FOR US!! I TELL YOU THAT WITH MUCH LOVE AND SUPPORT. I TELL ME THAT, WITH MUCH LOVE AND SUPPORT!!!

Do to yourself, what you would do for others.

If I gave myself the amount of love, attention, and respect, as I do for others, I would be sittin' pretty, with not an insecurity to be had.

I bet if you took a quick scan on your life, in that way, you would see that, probably, you too, give out way more, than what you give to yourself.

I think it is a learned, robotic thing, and we are so used to it, that, we just go along with our own program, and become so used to our own ways, that if someone doesn't point it out, we will stay stuck in a comfort zone that doesn't allow us to expand, or grow.

Such is why, I think, situations occur, life experiences happen, and we either GROW UP in it, or GROW OUT of it, and be honest that it just isn't something we are willing to look at for now.

THAT ACTUALLY WOULD BE OK, just be honest about it.

I always want to go the extra mile, even if it feels uncomfortable. I may kick and scream, and maybe not "run towards the light, like Carolanne, but I will find my way, in my own time, to digest, in the way that I need to, and at my own pace. Crawl, or, run, towards the Truth and what is appropriate for me and what is in alignment.

It has to feel, genuinely good, not just something I am doing because it 'SEEMS GOOD", OR SEEMS "RIGHT".

Otherwise, I would have been a good student in History class, and not put my head down when we were having tests, thinking that "I will never use this information", and so I took a nap. Naturally, why should I have to take a test that is of no interest, probably never use the information, unless I do a thesis on good ol' George Washington, and even then, it would run for as long as the thesis took me, and then what? I won't be teaching about how George and his Posse' crossed the Deleware. I get it, they were cool cats back then, but not what I want to base MY FUTURE ON.

Go with your intuition. What feels good? What feels right and congruent with your soul?

RUN THAT EXTRA MILE TO SPEAK OUT FOR YOU, OR OTHERS!

Run the extra mile because you are a crusader, a pioneer, or just someone that has a voice, that CAN BE HEARD........and maybe you will allow others to be inspired by your bold decisions.

I know from experience that when someone witnesses a bold, natural, courageous step, they immediately are inspired, and it sparks something in them to want to do the same.

Shoot, if I knew that, ONLY THAT, not even anything for me? I'd be making courageous steps all the time.

Such is the beauty of this "blog". I'll have to come up with a different name. This blog has brought me so much joy and satisfaction, that I would have never, ever, imagined!

In being true to myself, others are affected. It is not my goal. My goal is to share my own, genuine self, however that appears, and, I now, very innocently, do not care what you think of me, because it is my vortex, my blog, about how I am and how I perceive, and then, too, I get to hear you, look at your responses, and respect any and all of it, because, I know, YOU CAN! IT'S YOUR LIFE, JUST AS MUCH AS IT IS MINE.

In stayin' true to myself, going the EXTRA MILE, I have transformed many ideas about you, about life, and, about myself.

It is a continuous ride to Humbleville!! I now have a P.O box there.

Go ahead, get one...........it's a cool spot to hang out in.

Take up residency............ go the extra mile............and stay awhile!!

All over it.............even with the scary stuff.

That hand holding thing works.

C'mon........let's go~~ I won't sqeeze too hard!

All my love,
Gabriela

2 comments:

  1. love you gabriela you should write a book and name it kitty hahah from rae rae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rae, Rae, you are the reason I was inspired to write this particular blog.

    You are an incredible woman, with a huge heart, and you deserve all of the beauty and sweetness that you give out to others.

    NEVER COMPOMISE YOUR SOUL AND NEVER ALLOW ANYONE TO TALK TO YOU AS IF YOU ARE LESS THAN THE GORGEOUS PERSON THAT YOU TRULY ARE INSIDE!!

    I mean that from deepest part of my soul.

    You are acknowledged and appreciated.

    much love to you my friend!

    Gabriela

    ReplyDelete